Friday, September 7, 2012

My Someday List

I was recently asked if I had a list of things I wanted to do before I turn 30. I kind of stuttered a bit-- I dream big dreams, but had I ever really put a timeline on any of them?

This is a glimpse into some of the things I hope to do...someday.

1. See a Symphony performance in Vienna
2. Go sailing (bonus points if the sailing trip involves overnights on the boat)
3. Go on a weekend group bike ride with my dad and my sister. Or one with my dad. And then also one eventually with just my sister.
4. Take adult piano lessons
5. Go to an Opera at the Met in NYC
6. Worship with people in a third world country
7. Host an epic fancy dinner party
8. Experience Carnival in Brazil
9. Go skiing in real mountains (No, I don't think skiing in Minnesota counts)
10. Wine tour (top choices: Europe, Chile, South Africa, or Cali)
11. Give an anonymous gift that changes someone's life
12. Have kids- biological and/or through adoption
13. Hear Handel's Messiah performed well.
14. Write a book and get it published.
15. See the Pacific NW
16. Learn how to shoot a gun so I'm no longer afraid of them.
17. Memorize Ephesians 1, Romans 8, and Isaiah 35
18. Take some kind of cooking class
19. See the tulips and windmills in Holland
20. Do a Fall driving tour on the east coast to see the leaves and eat lots of seafood
21. Make and decorate a gingerbread house from scratch
22. Make a queen-sized quilt that I'm proud of
23. Attempt to like/enjoy golf or tennis (also involves finding a patient and kind teacher or friend to help!)
24. Learn what all of the referee signals in football mean
25. Go on a hot air balloon ride
26. Learn how to grill a perfect medium rare steak.
27. Visit Spain--Barcelona in particular
28. Overcome my fear of horses
29. Do a food, wine, and culture tour of Italy. Really see the country -- if I could make it for one of the Opera Festivals, that would be even more amazing. And hiking? I'd do that too. Especially if I could drink wine during the breaks.
30. Learn how to slalom water ski
31. Learn how to make homemade croissants and tarts.
32. See the white cliffs of Dover

4 comments:

  1. I love your list! With a birthday coming up I've been thinking about things I've yet to do as well. Might have to make a list of my own. :)
    Oh... and I'm pretty good at #21, if you ever want to tag-team a house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! I'd love that, Sarah. We will conquer the Gingerbread house!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great list dear one! I hope you are able to do them all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it. I hereby volunteer to help you with 1, 2, 5, 10, 15, 19, 20, 27, 29, and 32.... gee. they all involve traveling. bummer ;)

    btws, I am probably going skiing in February in CO- wanna go??

    Also, please add to your list "Hike the Inca Trail in Peru" to your list, since it is on mine and then we can do it together. May 2014. put it on your calendar.

    I miss you! We are due for our quarterly phone call.... soon friend.

    ReplyDelete