Thursday, January 31, 2013

Just Another Thursday

Super busy at work.
Super busy with friends.
Super busy being happy.
Tonight was my night to de-stress and just be.

I found this glorious recipe last week during my blog trolling:
http://joythebaker.com/2011/03/cinnamon-sugar-pull-apart-bread/

I saw her pictures and I just KNEW that I had to try it...SOON.
I started making the bread last night --but only had time to make the dough and let it rise the first time. I refrigerated it overnight and finished it today after work.



As I was (impatiently) waiting for the cinnamon pull apart bread to finish baking,  whipped up a lemon cream cheese glaze. I mean...cinnamon rolls are magical with it, so I figured cinnamon bread might feel naked without. A little Cream cheese, margarine, lemon extract, vanilla extract and powdered sugar later -- I was in business. Ooey gooey melted and glorious. My partner in crime and I polished off about a third of the loaf before starting to feel a little sick. SO GOOD.

I also realized I was kind of hungry while said bread was baking. I decided that trying to make quiche for the first time was a great idea. I had a pie shell already made from one of the times I made bulk pie crust. I mean - who doesn't decide to make a GIANT quiche at 7PM on a random Thursday night? The quiche ALSO turned out well. Next time, I'll take the time to tent the crust so it doesn't get quite as brown. The quiche had sausage, potato, mozzarella cheese, spinach, goat cheese, cherry tomatoes, eggs, garlic, skim milk, and Salt/pepper. I'm a fan.


No comments:

Post a Comment