Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The Cake of Dreams...

My wonderful brother and his wife got me a subscription to Bon Appetit Magazine for part of my Christmas gift. I ADORE reading it cover to cover. The December issue arrived in all its glory with the shining beacon of CHOCOLATE on the cover called the Spiced Chocolate Torte Wrapped in Chocolate Ribbons.

This is what dreams are made of:
  • 3 lbs of butter
  • excessive quantities of dark chocolate
  • sugar
  • spice
  • hours in the kitchen 
Making the ribbons with chocolate dough-this part was a bit frustrating. I'm definitely going to make chocolate dough for another dessert just so I can conquer it FULLY!
 I had to ask the fam to take a few steps backwards to allow me some space :)
I added some spiral curl "flair" to my cake -- not bad!!
TA DA!
Right before eating the cake for Christmas Dinner at my Grandpa Charlie and Mary's house
The ladies...
and GENTS!
Rockin the Christmas apron...
Milk required (or red wine)- The cake was delicious. REALLY sweet. I'd prob cut down the sugar in the cake itself if I were ever to try to make it again. The buttercream with RUM and CHOCOLATE in it was absolutely killer.
My beautiful sister and me showing off Christmas outfits for the OTHER side of the family celebration
COUSIN PIC! Bummer to have Michael and Lindsay gone.
Love this little boy. My cousin Liane's son, Lincoln.
Best gift ever!! We've already played at least 10 games...
Posing next to the gift my mom got my dad (a chronological map of events in the Bible)
We've been out to dinner a few times, played lots of games, had a girls' shopping day, prayed together, laughed together, cried because of one another. My family: flawed, fiesty, fun, and on fire for Jesus. I am blessed. So thankful that they encourage me to seek God first, have big dreams, and never settle.

1 comment:

  1. Ohh! so YOU'RE the one who makes those decadent, amazing creations that I see on the covers of magazines:) I've always wondered who that person was! What a beautiful piece of art you created!!

    ReplyDelete